Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Forget dusty, boring museums. There are many to discover in Wallonia, each with its own universe, its own atmosphere. Some are vibrant, others quirky or immersive. All are incredibly welcoming, aiming at making learning fun. Exploring them is a pure delight, whether you are coming on your own, with family or friends.
- Abbey (10) Apply Abbey filter
- Adventure park (17) Apply Adventure park filter
- Amusement park (2) Apply Amusement park filter
- An electric scooter ride (9) Apply An electric scooter ride filter
- Animal park/zoo/aquarium (16) Apply Animal park/zoo/aquarium filter
- Boat hire (4) Apply Boat hire filter
- Brewery (8) Apply Brewery filter
- Châteaux (37) Apply Châteaux filter
- Donkey ride (14) Apply Donkey ride filter
- Educational farm (9) Apply Educational farm filter
- Escape Room (17) Apply Escape Room filter
- Farm golf (5) Apply Farm golf filter
- Fort, citadel and fortification (6) Apply Fort, citadel and fortification filter
- Grottoes and caves (15) Apply Grottoes and caves filter
- Kayak, canoe or rafting (37) Apply Kayak, canoe or rafting filter
- Lake, water body or waterway (42) Apply Lake, water body or waterway filter
- Lasergame & paintball (5) Apply Lasergame & paintball filter
- Mini-Golf (13) Apply Mini-Golf filter
- Museum or Interpretation Centre (270) Apply Museum or Interpretation Centre filter
- Park (castles) (20) Apply Park (castles) filter
- Provincial estate - Domain (5) Apply Provincial estate - Domain filter
- Quadbiking ride (1) Apply Quadbiking ride filter
- Recreational park (35) Apply Recreational park filter
- Religious heritage (18) Apply Religious heritage filter
- River cruises (15) Apply River cruises filter
- Segway ride (2) Apply Segway ride filter
- Thermal baths (2) Apply Thermal baths filter
- Train/tram/tourist train (19) Apply Train/tram/tourist train filter
- Water attraction (34) Apply Water attraction filter
- Water park or centre (8) Apply Water park or centre filter
- Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gem© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteTournai
Tournai Belfry: a UNESCO gemTournai is best seen from its 15th century belfry, listed by UNESCO. Built on the site of the 1218 original after it burnt down, it is the oldest in Wallonia's seven belfries and the only one with outdoor viewing platforms.
- Les Aventuriers du Relais des Rêves: fun activities in Grez-Doiceau© Les Aventuriers du Relais des RêvesGrez-Doiceau
Les Aventuriers du Relais des Rêves: fun activities in Grez-DoiceauEnjoy lots of fun activities at Le Relais des Rêves : survival challenges, obstacle courses, escape games...
- Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in Theux© B. LorquetTheux
Château de Franchimont: a medieval fortress in TheuxThe Château de Franchimont is an 11th-century medieval fortress, built on a rocky peak dominating three valleys north of the Ardennes, about 8 km from Spa.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© A. B. de L.Hastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan Mirò© WBT - David SamynSpa
Pouhon Pierre le Grand de SPA, Immersia et Joan MiròThe splendid 1880 Pouhon Pierre le Grand, offers you "Spa Experience" a 360 degree film and a permanent Joan Mirò.art collection.
- L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museum© Aurore DelsoirOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
L Museum: Louvain-La-Neuve's university museumLocated Place des Sciences, Louvain-la-Neuve's university museum or L Museum, invites you to discover its rich interdisciplinary collections. This new cultural and art space has found its home in the former Science and Technology Library, at the very heart of the student district.
- Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near Liège© SPW SGO4 - G. FocantBlegny
Blegny-Mine: an iconic mining site near LiègeLocated east of Liège, this site is one of the four authentic coal mines left in Europe, all listed by UNESCO. Put your jacket and helmet on: the guided tour will take you through galleries 30 to 60 m underground!
- Tournai Fine Arts Museum© WAPICTTournai
Tournai Fine Arts MuseumThe current Museum of Fine Arts was born from the genius of Art Nouveau architecture, Victor Horta.
- The museum retracing the 1815 battle... from Wellington's point of view© WBT - Bruno DalimonteWaterloo
The museum retracing the 1815 battle... from Wellington's point of viewThis museum, once an inn, served as headquarters to the Duke of Wellington the night of June 17th, 1815. Right before the famous battle of Waterloo...
- Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space Center© Euro Space CenterTransinne
Be an astronaut for the day at the Euro Space CenterIn this amazing centre exploring space, training like an astronaut and floating around using simulators truly is an out of this world experience. This great centre challenges you to learn to live in space and build your own rocket for a galactic mission. Euro Space Center is a planet everyone who dreams of galaxies and
- The Musée du Petit Format in Nismes© Musée du Petit Format d’Art Contemporain ASBLNismes
The Musée du Petit Format in NismesThis tiny museum in Nismes invites art lovers to discover many facets of contemporary art through pieces from international collections.
- Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de Design© SPW - Patrimoine - photo Guy FocantHornu
Le CID au Grand-Hornu | Centre d'Innovation et de DesignTake a former coal mine, get it listed by UNESCO as World Heritage and you get the CID of the Grand Hornu: an innovation and design centre, featuring temporary exhibitions on design, applied art and contemporary art.
- Musée de la Vie rurale à Huissignies© WBT - Olivier LegardienHuissignies
Musée de la Vie rurale à HuissigniesIn this museum, located in the province of Hainaut, time seems to have stopped.
- Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centre© Asbl Les découvertes de ComblainComblain-au-Pont
Comblain-au-Pont bats interpretative centreThis interpretative centre, dedicated to bats, offers an interesting angle on the former quarries of Geromont: a Natura 2000 site in the Ourthe valley.
- Le Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in Liège© WBT - J.P.RemyLiège
Le Grand Curtius: a fascinating museum complex in LiègeLe Grand Curtius collections, which stretch over 5,000 m² combine several museums and retrace 7,000 years of Liège history. Located along the Meuse, this complex includes buildings from the 16th to the 21st century, all beautifully renovated.
- The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the Ourthe© Domaine de PalogneVieuxville
The Domaine de Palogne, a leisure centre along the OurtheThe Domaine de Palogne invites you to discover its enchanting setting where nature, history and relaxation meet.
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience in Comines-Warneton© MT Wallonie picardePloegsteert
Plugstreet 14-18 Experience in Comines-WarnetonWant to know more about the first world war in Wallonia? Visit the Plugstreet 14-18 experience, by the British Memorial in Ploegsteert.
- BAM - Musée des Beaux-Arts in Mons© Oswald TlrMons
BAM - Musée des Beaux-Arts in MonsLe BAM, Fine Arts of Mons, is a museum to (re) discover and a space of cultural creation
- MUMONS | Musée de l'Université de Mons© UMONSMons
MUMONS | Musée de l'Université de MonsScience, art, curiosities... This university museum aims at giving you the keys to better understand the world around you.
- RIVEO: a river interpretation centre in Hotton with a mini golf© K.SpruitHotton
RIVEO: a river interpretation centre in Hotton with a mini golfTry minigolf with a twist at RIVEO. This 18 hole course, set in a peaceful setting, takes visitors through 5 different gardens.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visit© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteChimay
Château de Chimay castle: an interactive and historical visitThis superb castle, more than a 1,000 years old, is near the Scourmont abbey which makes the Trappist Chimay beer.
- Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in Cuesmes© Jean-François BerhinCuesmes
Maison Van Gogh, the Marais' house in CuesmesLocated near Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- The Grottes de Han estate© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Grottes de Han estateVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | Treignes© CFV3V - Guillaume AllardTreignes
The steam railway museum of the Three Valleys | TreignesSet in a former international station, the museum retraces Belgium's railway and industrial history
- Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of character© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteDenée
Maredsous abbey: cheese and beer of characterThe Maredsous Abbey, in the Molignée valley, is one of the most beautiful ones in Belgium. Make the most of your visit to admire the architecture of the monastery and taste the famous cheese and beer made on site.
- Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun family day© FTBWWavre
Walibi Belgium theme park: a fun family dayOne of the most famous theme parks in Belgium! Their mascot, a kangaroo, welcomes families at the entrance to guide them through the many attractions. A new area, Exotic world, has opened this year.
- Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan | Dinant© G. Focant-DPatBouvignes
Maison du Patrimoine Médiéval Mosan | DinantImmerse yourself in the eventful history of the Mosan Valley thanks to the Mosan medieval heritage house. Dsiover Mosane life in Dinant.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- River cruises and houseboat rentals on the Meuse with Dinant Evasion© Dinant EvasionDinant
River cruises and houseboat rentals on the Meuse with Dinant EvasionFancy discovering the Haute-Meuse differently? Dinant Evasion offers a choice of 2 cruises on the river, starting from Dinant.
- Musée d'Ansembourg: Liège Archaeology and Decorative Arts Museum© Ville de LiègeLiège
Musée d'Ansembourg: Liège Archaeology and Decorative Arts MuseumLe Musée d'Ansenbourg is dedicated to decorative art in the 18th century. This historical location in Liège owns the largest collection of furniture and objects for that period.
- Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyDinant
Compagnie des Croisières Mosanes, river cruises in DinantAll aboard for one of the most beautiful river cruises on the Meuse! Come and discover the Haute-Meuse region and its stunning landscapes.
- The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)© Bernard CarbonneauxMariembourg
The Trois Vallées steam railway (in Mariembourg and Treignes)Enjoy a travel through time aboard this authentic steam train, a wonderful way to discover the Viroin and Haute-Meuse valleys in Wallonia.
- Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-Neuve© AtelierChristian dePortzamparc – Hergé-MoulinsartOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
Hergé Museum | Louvain-la-NeuveThe Hergé Museum, dedicated to Georges Remi, who created Tintin, is an absolute must stop for all comic book lovers.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in Belgium© Adventure Valley DurbuyDurbuy
Adventure Valley Durbuy: the largest adventure park in BelgiumNear Durbuy, known as the smallest town in the world, awaits the Adventure Valley Durbuy, the largest adventure park in Belgium.
- The Jardins d'Ô in Nismes© Jean-Vincent BironNismes
The Jardins d'Ô in NismesThe Viroin valley, with its picture-perfect landscapes, offers a wonderful selection of nature walks. Among these are the Jardins d’Ô, a pure invite to relax.
- Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritage© FTBWVillers-la-Ville
Villers Abbey, part of Wallonia's exceptional cultural heritageThe Villers Abbey, built in 1146, now in ruins is a stunning witness of how the Cistercian Monks lived. The site is considered one of the most complete in Europe as it features remains of all the buildings used daily.
- Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)© Benoît CoenenChaudfontaine
Minigolf 36.6 | Source O Rama (Chaudfontaine)Located in the Sources de ChaudfontainePark, Minigolf 36.6 proves perfect for memorable family days out. Its name refers to the temperature of the water at the Thermes de Chaudfontaine.
- Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du Centre© Utopix - VhelloLa Louvière
Electric boat rentals for cruises on the Canal du CentreThe boatlifts of the Canal du Centre Historique, listed by UNESCO, are iconic sights in the Region. From the Cantine des Italiens, you can rent electric boats (no permit required!) and indulge in a journey through time.
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© A. PetitLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° fresco© WBT - Alex KouprianoffBraine-l'Alleud
Panorama of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield: a 360° frescoThis extraordinary, full scale mural present the various scenes of the 1815 battle between Wellington and Napoleon's troops. Painted in 1912, it gives an impressive 3D feel.
- Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-Pesche© bunkerhitler.beBrûly-de-Pesche
Hitler's Bunker in Bruly-de-PescheA completely renovated remembrance site, only a stone's throw from the French border, where Adolf Hitler stayed during the Second World War.
- Lesse Kayaks: Dinant Evasion's kayaks and canoes© DINANT EvasionDinant
Lesse Kayaks: Dinant Evasion's kayaks and canoesThe Lesse slaloms through stunning landscapes speckled with medieval castles, prehistoric caves, audacious rock formations... These unique views, which can only be enjoyed, from kayaking or canoeing along the river, guarantee the perfect day out with friends or family.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.