Choose your country/language to continue your visit
The men and women of Gourmet Wallonia have made their passion a profession.
The natural taste of the local products, combined with the stunning Walloon landscapes, are the essential ingredients for an unforgettable day with friends, family or a group. Many craftsmen and farmers are happy for you to visit their place of work and reveal some culinary secrets. Here are the producers who have made Wallonia a gourmand’s delight from snail farmers and chocolatiers to beer brewers and whisky distillers (yes, really, the Belgian’s make whisky !)
Type of activity
- Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, Wallonia© Château de Bioul - Olivier PolletBioul
Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, WalloniaThe Château de Bioul is proud of an 11 hectares vineyard, created by 2 passionate winemakers. Why not stop by to learn more about their skills and passion?
- La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in Verviers© DarcisVerviers
La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in VerviersJean-Philippe Darcis, Belgian chocolate ambassador and pioneer of the macaron in Belgium, welcomes you in his chocolate museum in Verviers. There you will retrace the origins and history of this fantastic treat through a chocolate trail.
- Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in Samrée© Cyril ChocolatSamrée
Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in SamréeIt's in the sweet little village of Samrée, in the heights of the La-Roche-en-Ardenne region, that Cyril, a fascinating artisan chocolatier, opened his chocolate shop. Why not stop by for a tour, learn how his creations are made and even decorate your own chocolate slab?
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in Malmedy© ostbelgien.eu – Dominik KetzMalmedy
The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in MalmedyLocated in the Eastern Cantons, the Brasserie de Bellevaux will introduce you to the delights of its artisanal Ardenne brews.
- The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnome© La ChouffeWibrin
The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnomeFollow the red-hatted gnomes to the Achouffe Brewery, located a few kilometres from Houffalize and discover the Ardenne brewing world.
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© Espace ChimayBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)© Brasserie DubuissonPipaix
Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)The oldest brewery in Wallonia! The story starts in 1933, when Alfred Dubuisson created the Bush, which recipe is still enjoyed, unchanged to this day... along with other fantastic natural beers.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Gen Goulf brewery (Villers-devant-Orval)© WBT - Candice LaurentVillers-devant-Orval
The Gen Goulf brewery (Villers-devant-Orval)Welcome to Villers-devant-Orval, famous for the Orval Abbey and its patron, Saint Gangolf: the inspiration for the Gen Goulf brewery and its craft beer.
- The Brasserie de la Lienne in Lierneux© zythologie.netLierneux
The Brasserie de la Lienne in LierneuxThe Brasserie de la Lienne, located in the Belgian Ardenne, in Lierneux, serves an exceptional beer. One of the most beautiful regions of the country...
- Pierre Plas Chocolatier | Bastogne© Pierre Plas ChocolatierBastogne
Pierre Plas Chocolatier | BastognePierre Plas Chocolatier: where excellence rhymes with passion and quality.
- The Champia farm in Chevetogne© Maison du Tourisme Condroz-FamenneChevetogne
The Champia farm in ChevetogneIn the renovated stables, at the back of a pretty farm, Nathalie and Jean-Marc offer a wide range of local terroir products.
- The Brasserie des Tchets | Libramont-Chevigny© Brasserie des TchetsLibramont-Chevigny
The Brasserie des Tchets | Libramont-ChevignyThe Brasserie des Tchèts is a young cooperative in the sweet village of Neuvilliers, near Libramont-Chevigny. It was born of 8 friends' passion for beer...
- The Ferme de la Grosse Haie© Ferme de la Grosse HaieArsimont
The Ferme de la Grosse HaieCome and taste the unique flavour of the Ferme de la Grosse Haie's dairy products and cheese in Arismont.
- Ariqua Denis | Chocolatier in Andenne© Ariqua DenisAndenne
Ariqua Denis | Chocolatier in AndenneAriqua Denis is a young, passionate chocolatier. Why not stop by his workshop in Andenne, between Namur and Liège?
- Domaine de Mellemont vineyard© WBT - Candice LaurentPerwez
Domaine de Mellemont vineyardCome and discover the Mellemont vineyard in Thorembais (Walloon Brabant), a stunning estate.
- The Brasserie Scassenes© WBT - Candice LaurentEcaussinnes
The Brasserie ScassenesFancy trying a craft beer in the setting of a beautiful castle-farm? Come and visit the Ecaussinnes Brewery, the brewery has much to offer.
- The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in Nivelles© Bertrand HautierNivelles
The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in NivellesThe Hautier family welcomes visitors in their vineyard, in Nivelles: a fantastic opportunity to taste the wines produced at the Domaine du Chapitre.
- La Brasserie du Condroz near Ciney© Brasserie du Condroz - DORMAL JérômeCiney
La Brasserie du Condroz near CineyLocated near Ciney, La Brasserie du Condroz, while producing quality beers, focuses on a sustainable, fair-trade philosophy.
- Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near Sprimont© WBT - Candice LaurentSprimont
Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near SprimontIn Fraiture, a picturesque village located near Sprimont, Myriam and Marc Lamy offer you a guided tour of their duck farm.
- The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beers© Brasserie de BertinchampsGembloux
The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beersAlso called Brasserie de la Ferme, the Brasserie de Bertinchamps produces 3 terroir beers, already very successful in the region.
- The Schumer-Widart farm© J.WidartBastogne
The Schumer-Widart farmThe Schumer-Widart farm raise its cattle in Bastogne and invites you to share their passion.
- The Brasserie du Val de Dendre© WBT - Candice LaurentLessines
The Brasserie du Val de DendreThe Brasserie du Val de Dendre chose the family barn to brew their "Brut", the perfect blend between the brewing and wine making world.
- Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienAndenne
Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyardIt all started in 1991, with only 60 grave vines planted in by Guy Durieux, passionate about wine making, in his garden. The site now features 350 plants and 14 different varieties of grapes. These are grown without chemical pesticides.
- La Meule du Plateau: exceptional cheese in Herve© Studio WautersHerve
La Meule du Plateau: exceptional cheese in HerveDairy lovers rejoice: La Meule du Plateau, based in the Pays de Herve, makes exceptional cheese from raw milk, which are then ages for 6 months.
- The Brasserie Caracole in Falmignoul© CGT - Arnaud SiquetFalmignoul
The Brasserie Caracole in FalmignoulDiscover the secrets of the barley whisperers. While visiting the region of Dinant, make sure you check out the tanks heated on wood fire.
- The Château de Bousval vineyard© Vignoble du Château de BousvalBousval
The Château de Bousval vineyardDiscover the story of the Château de Bousval vineyard, a local production with a fascinating range of products.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- The Brasserie du Renard© WBT - Candice LaurentGrez-Doiceau
The Brasserie du RenardThis microbrewery, based in Grez-Doiceau produces artisanal beers using distinctive ingredients such as spice or fresh fruit.
- Ferme du Château à Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac© WBT - JL FlémalOphain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac
Ferme du Château à Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-IsaacDiscover the range of dairy products from the Ferme du Château in Ophain-Bois-Seigneur-Isaac, a true delight for the palate!
- Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visit© Safran de Patr'ann Patrick RolainProfondeville
Le Safran de Patr'Ann, an exquisitely fragrant visitLe Safran de Patr’Ann is a safranière, a saffron farm. Come to Profondeville in the province of Namur to meet the owners and take a guided tour.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- La Brasserie Atrium in Marche-en-Famenne© Brasserie Atrium - Cliff LucasMarche-en-Famenne
La Brasserie Atrium in Marche-en-FamenneLocated in Marche-en-Famenne, La Brasserie Atrium produces high quality beers different from one season to another.
- The Clos LoJerAu vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienFlobecq
The Clos LoJerAu vineyardThe LoJerAu vineyard was created in 2005 and is extending still...
- Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in Limal© WBT - Candice LaurentLimal
Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in LimalIf you are looking for exceptional chocolate, with full cacao taste, stop by Chez Leo in Limal: this artisanal chocolate and pastry shop is all about flavours.
- The Fromagerie du Vieux Moulin© WBT – Olivier LegardienBattice
The Fromagerie du Vieux MoulinThis cheese dairy gives you the opportunity to visit the workshops producung the famous fromage de Herve which has a protected designation of origin.
- Li p'tite Brèssène :a brewery in Fosses-la-Ville© Explore MeuseFosses-la-Ville
Li p'tite Brèssène :a brewery in Fosses-la-VilleLi p'tite Brèssène (the little brewery in Walloon dialect) is a craft brewery in Fosses-la-Ville, in the Province of Namur.
- The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)© Eric ChristiaensBasècles
The Brasserie des Carrières (Basècles)Spend an afternoon at the Brasserie des Carrières in the province of Hainaut to taste a delicious Diôle beer: lager, dark, amber or fruity. Fantastic!
- Chocolaterie Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in Chastrès© WBT - Candice LaurentWalcourt
Chocolaterie Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in ChastrèsChocolaterie Vanlieff has been delighting chocolate lovers since 1988. Its chocolatiers are always busy developing or refining recipes for exquisite pralines, slabs, chocolate figurines... No industrial machine here: it's all about craftsmanship and edible art of an exquisite quality.
- Brasserie artisanale de Rulles© Frédéric Bekaert - FdBRulles
Brasserie artisanale de RullesAt the heart of the Semois valley, between Neufchâteau and Arlon, the Brasserie artisanale de Rulles reveals the secrets of its recipe to visitors.
- The Brasserie Saint-Lazare© Brasserie Saint-LazareMons
The Brasserie Saint-LazareThe Brasserie Saint-Lazare specialises in bespoke beer... Come and discover the brewery in Mons how the magic happens.
- The Brasserie de l'Elfique© Brasserie ElfiqueAywaille
The Brasserie de l'ElfiqueIn Aywaille, a village where many legends mention elves, the brasserie de l'Elfique will delight you with its selection of craft beer.
- L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | Chimay© L'EscaillonneChimay
L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | ChimayL'Escaillonne is an artisanal, family-managed brewery in the Chimay region, known for its traditionally made brews. Located on the culminating point of Hainaut, it is sure to give you quite a high!
- Artisanal Meats Murielle Courtois in Bastogne© photo JP RuelleBastogne
Artisanal Meats Murielle Courtois in BastogneHam with special flavours made using ancestral methods, Murielle Courtois works in Bastogne according to the tradition, for an incomparable taste.