Choose your country/language to continue your visit
The men and women of Gourmet Wallonia have made their passion a profession.
The natural taste of the local products, combined with the stunning Walloon landscapes, are the essential ingredients for an unforgettable day with friends, family or a group. Many craftsmen and farmers are happy for you to visit their place of work and reveal some culinary secrets. Here are the producers who have made Wallonia a gourmand’s delight from snail farmers and chocolatiers to beer brewers and whisky distillers (yes, really, the Belgian’s make whisky !)
Type of activity
- The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnome© La ChouffeWibrin
The Achouffe brewery: just follow the gnomeFollow the red-hatted gnomes to the Achouffe Brewery, located a few kilometres from Houffalize and discover the Ardenne brewing world.
- Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, Wallonia© Château de Bioul - Olivier PolletAnhée
Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, WalloniaThe Château de Bioul is proud of an 11 hectares vineyard, created by 2 passionate winemakers. Why not stop by to learn more about their skills and passion?
- The Brasserie des Fagnes in Mariembourg© Brasserie des FagnesMariembourg
The Brasserie des Fagnes in MariembourgStep into the Brasserie des Fagnes de Mariembourg and discover the art of brewing the Super des Fagnes: the visit is free.
- L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is made© WBT - Vincent FeroozBourlers
L'Espace Chimay: discover how Trappist beer is madeL'Espace Chimay, dedicated to Chimay cheese and beer, presents the Chimay Experience, an interactive visit of the brewery. To be consumed with no moderation!
- Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'Eole© WBT - Denis ErroyauxQuévy-le-Grand
Try the sparkling wines of Domaine du Chant d'EoleDomaine du Chant d'Eole is a Walloon vineyard in Quévy-le-Grand, a charming village in the countryside of Mons.
- Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visit© OrvalVillers-devant-Orval
Notre-Dame d'Orval Abbey: a religious and gourmet visitFounded in 1132, Notre-Dame of Orval is one of the most remarkable Cistercian abbeys in Belgium. This historical location is still home to a bustling community of monks and even... a Trappist brewery.
- The Villers Abbey's microbrewery© Erwin FurnièreVillers-la-Ville
The Villers Abbey's microbreweryIn the Villers Abbey's archive was found one of the monks' recipes for beer, dating back to the 18th century. This precious find inspired new recipes to its microbrewery.
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© JennyKiss.beFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in Samrée© Cyril ChocolatLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in SamréeIt's in the sweet little village of Samrée, in the heights of the La-Roche-en-Ardenne region, that Cyril, a fascinating artisan chocolatier, opened his chocolate shop. Why not stop by for a tour, learn how his creations are made and even decorate your own chocolate slab?
- The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in Malmedy© ostbelgien.eu – Dominik KetzMalmedy
The Brasserie de Bellevaux, a family microbrewery in MalmedyLocated in the Eastern Cantons, the Brasserie de Bellevaux will introduce you to the delights of its artisanal Ardenne brews.
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)© WBT - Vincent FeroozPipaix
Dubuisson brewery (Pipaix, Hainaut region)The oldest brewery in Wallonia! The story starts in 1933, when Alfred Dubuisson created the Bush, which recipe is still enjoyed, unchanged to this day... along with other fantastic natural beers.
- La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in Verviers© DarcisVerviers
La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in VerviersJean-Philippe Darcis, Belgian chocolate ambassador and pioneer of the macaron in Belgium, welcomes you in his chocolate museum in Verviers. There you will retrace the origins and history of this fantastic treat through a chocolate trail.
- L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in Waimes© La truite d'OndevalWaimes
L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in WaimesL’atelier de la Truite d’Ondeval (Waimes, Eastern Cantons) can be visited by appointment - a fantastic opportunity to discover its ponds and smoking rooms.
- Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in Limal© WBT - Candice LaurentLimal
Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in LimalIf you are looking for exceptional chocolate, with full cacao taste, stop by Chez Leo in Limal: this artisanal chocolate and pastry shop is all about flavours.
- Fromagerie du Samson,a fantastic Walloon cheesemonger© WBT - Candice LaurentGesves
Fromagerie du Samson,a fantastic Walloon cheesemongerwhy not enjoy a gourmet tour of the Fromagerie du Samson, which production site is in Marche-en-Famenne? Alternatively, head to their shop in Gesves for an assortment of tasty organic cheeses...
- Ferme de Raz Buzée à Gerpinnes© Delphine VangeenderhuysenGerpinnes
Ferme de Raz Buzée à GerpinnesDairy family farm specializing in the homemade production of raw milk cheese from cows, in Gerpinnes.
- Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienAndenne
Le Clos du Neuf Moulin vineyardIt all started in 1991, with only 60 grave vines planted in by Guy Durieux, passionate about wine making, in his garden. The site now features 350 plants and 14 different varieties of grapes. These are grown without chemical pesticides.
- Chocolatier Defroidmont and its chocolate museum in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseErezée
Chocolatier Defroidmont and its chocolate museum in ErezéeArtisan Chocolatier Philippe Defroidmont reveals his secrets in its Durbuy and Erezée boutiques. The museum, visit and tasting promise a full chocolate experience.
- La Brasserie des Trévires in Arlon© Brasserie des Trévires srlArlon
La Brasserie des Trévires in ArlonThis eco-friendly brewery in the Gaume region produces modern beers while still being well anchored in Belgian brewing tradition.
- Bierolade | Beer and chocolate themed activities© BieroladeNoduwez
Bierolade | Beer and chocolate themed activitiesA unique concept! Bierolade features workshops, tastings and walks, all dedicated to beer and chocolate delights. Who’s in?
- La Brasserie Fantôme in Érezée© WBT - Candice LaurentÉrezée
La Brasserie Fantôme in ÉrezéeThis Erezée artisanal brewery makes different beers along the seasons, while still being fully anchored in tradition.
- Belgium Peak Beer Brewery | Walks and tastings in Sourbrodt© Belgium Peak BeerWaimes
Belgium Peak Beer Brewery | Walks and tastings in SourbrodtLocated at the culminating point in Belgium, right by the Signal de Botrange, the Belgium Peak Beer brewery makes a range of beers inspired by the region and uses the Hautes Fagnes water. The site enjoys a stunning view.
- The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beers© Brasserie de BertinchampsGembloux
The Brasserie de Bertinchamps in Gembloux: traditionally made farm beersAlso called Brasserie de la Ferme, the Brasserie de Bertinchamps produces 3 terroir beers, already very successful in the region.
- Safran de Cotchia | Wasseiges© leonarderic.photosWasseiges
Safran de Cotchia | WasseigesCome and discover the largest saffron plantation in Belgium. In the heart of Hesbaye, immerse yourself in spices and let yourself be carried away by its exotic flavors.
- Siroperie Delvaux© WBT - Candice LaurentHorion-Hozémont
Siroperie DelvauxFor five generations the Delvaux syrups in Horion-Hozémont have been producing succulent syrups of different flavors without dyes or preservatives.
- The Brasserie Valduc-Thor© BEER-WARE LICENSE Brasserie Valduc-ThorThorembais-Saint-Trond
The Brasserie Valduc-ThorAside from brewing beer, the Brasserie Valduc-Thor in Thorembais-Saint-Trond, in the Walloon Brabant, also trains brewers.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- Montenauer Schinkenräucherei, the real Ardenne ham© WBT - Ph. LermusiauxMontenau
Montenauer Schinkenräucherei, the real Ardenne hamMontenauer Schinkenräucherei invites you to a free visit of their infrastructure to see how the famous Ardenne ham is made - from start to finish.
- Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in Bastogne© Phil'Cuisine - Jérôme DejeuxBastogne
Phil’ Cuisine: delicious duck recipes in BastognePhil’ Cuisine, at the heart of the Ardennes, is a family company dedicated to preparing delicious duck recipes, the artisan way: foie gras, rillettes, pâté made with Trappist Orval or Rochefort beer. These refined terroir products are sure to enchant you.
- The Abbaye des Rocs brewery© WBT - Emmanuel MathezMontignies-sur-Roc
The Abbaye des Rocs breweryFancy trying a different kind of beer? The Abbaye des Rocs brewery, between Dour and Quièvrain in the Hainaut, awaits!
- Brasserie Minne | Visite and tasting in Somme-Leuze© Brasserie MinneSomme-Leuze
Brasserie Minne | Visite and tasting in Somme-LeuzeVisit the Minne Brasserie in Bastogne to taste fantastic beers reflecting the Ardenne terroir.
- L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | Chimay© L'EscaillonneChimay
L'Escaillonne: a traditional brewery in l'Escaillère | ChimayL'Escaillonne is an artisanal, family-managed brewery in the Chimay region, known for its traditionally made brews. Located on the culminating point of Hainaut, it is sure to give you quite a high!
- Chocolaterie Bressant: artisanal chocolate in Beaumont© Chocolaterie BressantBeaumont
Chocolaterie Bressant: artisanal chocolate in BeaumontThe artisanal chocolate shop Bressant, in Beaumont, offers a delicious range of chocolate creations and sweet treats, all presented in original boxes.
- Les Coteaux des Avelines: a family vineyard in Sart-Dames-Avelines© Talium Digital Creative - Valérie MaretteVillers-la-Ville
Les Coteaux des Avelines: a family vineyard in Sart-Dames-AvelinesIn Walloon Brabant, Le Coteaux des Avelines wine estate offers tastings of its white and sparkling wines as well as numerous wine-themed activities around wine and vines. In a nutshell: a welcoming place, near Villers-la-Ville, where you can learn more about viticulture...
- ApéReiff's fruit wines in Rebecq© WBT - Candice LaurentRebecq
ApéReiff's fruit wines in RebecqApéReiff, in Rebecq, produces 12 different types of wines and 3 kinds of fruit juice - all natural, no additive nor fake aroma.
- Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in Houffalize© WBT - Candice LaurentHouffalize
Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in HouffalizeThe Fontaine chocolate factory, named after Vincent Fontaine, is a small family business in Houffalize, in the Ardenne.
- Naturâne A donkey farm in Bastogne© P. DelperdangeVaux-sur-Sûre
Naturâne A donkey farm in BastogneDiscover Pascal's universe. Originally a computer scientist, he gave it all up to dedicate his life to agriculture.
- The Clos LoJerAu vineyard© WBT - Olivier LegardienFlobecq
The Clos LoJerAu vineyardThe LoJerAu vineyard was created in 2005 and is extending still...
- The Domaine de la Portelette vineyards in Lobbes© WBT - Candice LaurentLobbes
The Domaine de la Portelette vineyards in LobbesThe Domaine de la Portelette in Lobbes is an organic vineyard specialising in white wines and sparkling wines.
- Didier Smeets Chocolatier | Dalhem© Didier SmeetsBombaye
Didier Smeets Chocolatier | DalhemDidier Smith discovered his passion for chocolate thanks to his grandfather and has since travelled the world to find exquisite cacao beans. Now settled in the Pays de Herve, he creates exquisite bean to bar chocolates and continues his quest for innovation and off the beaten path concepts.
- La Brasserie du Condroz near Ciney© Brasserie du Condroz - DORMAL JérômeCiney
La Brasserie du Condroz near CineyLocated near Ciney, La Brasserie du Condroz, while producing quality beers, focuses on a sustainable, fair-trade philosophy.
- Honey of the Anlier forest© WBT - Candice LaurentLéglise
Honey of the Anlier forestLocated in the heights of Leglise (Province of Luxembourg), this apiary enjoys the flowers blooming at the edge of the Anlier forest and in the nearby fields and meadows.
- Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in Florenville© WBT - David SamynFlorenville
Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in FlorenvilleStep into Edouard Bechoux's artisanal chocolate shop to discover a fascinating selection of flavours and a welcoming tasting room. Foodies will delight in making their own chocolate treats or simply by visiting the kitchens. In Florenville, in the province of the Belgian Luxembourg.
- Maitrank Ridremont, visit a Maitrank producer in Arlon© MT du Pays d'ArlonArlon
Maitrank Ridremont, visit a Maitrank producer in ArlonDiscover the origins of Maitrank in Arlon. Go back in time to the Middle Ages to learn more about this amazing drink.
- Millésime Chocolat chocolate shop in Liège© Millésime Chocolat SA – Photographe Christian DelvauxLiège
Millésime Chocolat chocolate shop in LiègeMillésime Chocolat invites you to discover the full aromas and flavours of cacao.
- The Artisa’Malt brewery in Waremme© Brasserie Artisa’MaltWaremme
The Artisa’Malt brewery in WaremmeIn the province of Liège, Brasserie Artisa’Malt focuses on a sustainable brewing labelled « terroir et savoir ».