- Folklore and Tradition
Every year, the Mémorial Waterloo helps to organise the re-enactment of the famous 18 June 1815 fighting’s. Hundreds of volunteers join in for the occasion, bringing history back to the battlefield.
This year, you’ll have the possibility to visit three camps:
- The camp of the Allied forces at the Hougoumont farm
- Two French camps: one at the foot of the Lion’s Mound (the Empire cavalry's bivouac), the other at Napoleon’s last Headquarters..
Program of the reconstitutions
- Fun little scenes by the Lion's Mound and Hougoumont Farm
- Workshops explaining how to use the weapons of the time
- Workshops presenting how the wounded were treated at Napoleon's last headquarters
- Manoeuvres at the Hougoumont farm
- Village presenting forgotten trades
From Saturday 22 to Sunday 23 June 2024
- Bivouacs: 10 am to 6 pm (Saturday), 12.30 to 5 pm (Sunday)
- Shows: Saturday at 8 pm, Sunday at 10.30 am