- Museum or Interpretation Centre
Le Grand Curtius collections, which stretch over 5,000 m² combine several museums and retrace 7,000 years of Liège history. Located along the Meuse, this complex includes buildings from the 16th to the 21st century, all beautifully renovated.
The Grand Curtius includes:
- The Weapon Museum (which dates to 1885)
- The Glass Museum (which features over 10,000 pieces)
- The Archaeology Museum retracing human evolution from prehistory to Carolingian time
- The Museum of Decorative Arts (closed temporarily)
- The Religious and Mosan art Museum
The Glass Museum is closed to allow work on a new tram line in Liège.
A varied agenda
- Monthly literary apéritif
- Conferences and debates
- Workshops and activities for children
- Musical events...
To mark the 200th birthday of this famous composer from Liège, Le Grand Curtius designed a space presenting:
- objects, documents, testimonies from the town of Liège archives
- a grand symphonic organ of the Cavaillé-Coll type, previously owned by the artist
This exhibition will stay until January 1st, 2024.
Wallonia has developped , a network gathering sites offering facilitie and/or services dedicted to Travellers with special needs. Click here to see the details for the Grand Curtius de Liège.
Animation - Indoor catering
Cafe - Garden - Shop - Restaurant - Terrace
Guide available/groups - German - EN - FR - JP - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet