Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Visiting Charleroi you will meet lucky Luke or the Marsupilami in the centre of a roundabout. Then follow the map to track down the city’s renowned Street Art.
- The Belfry of Charleroi, part of the UNESCO World Heritage.© WBT - Christophe VandercamCharleroi
The Belfry of Charleroi, part of the UNESCO World Heritage.his belfry, part of Charleroi's City Hall, was designed by architect Joseph André in 1936. A perfect combination of classicism and art deco in architecture, it was built of blue and white stone as well as bricks.
- Saint-Christophe church | Charleroi© Leslie ArtamonowCharleroi
Saint-Christophe church | CharleroiThis chapel, commissioned by Louis XIV and dedicated to Saint Louis, was worked on in 1722. It thereafter paid tribute to Saint Christophe.
- The Urban Dream project: a street art trail in Charleroi© Francis PourcelCharleroi3.7 km
The Urban Dream project: a street art trail in Charleroi
- Car-free | Charleroi - Erquelinnes© WBT - Railtrip / HikeupCharleroi
Car-free | Charleroi - Erquelinnes
- Charlerooms | Escape games in Charleroi© CharleroomsCharleroi
Charlerooms | Escape games in CharleroiThe recreational centre Charlesroom organises immersive escape rooms, perfect to have fun with friend and family.
- The Musée des Chasseurs à Pied, a military museum in Charleroi© WBT - Arnaud SiquetCharleroi
The Musée des Chasseurs à Pied, a military museum in CharleroiThis large building is quite noticeable when exploring Charleroi. A former barrack for infantry, Trésignie now is home to a museum dedicated to the brave regiment of the Chasseurs à Pied.
- BPS22, one of the largest art museums in the province of Hainaut© WBT - Denis ErroyauxCharleroi
BPS22, one of the largest art museums in the province of HainautThe BPS22, one of the largest art museums in Wallonia, stands out with its stunning architecture: an industrial glass and iron casing, built in 1911. Its fascinating program of exhibitions and activities make it an iconic stop for all culture lovers in Charleroi.
- Le Vecteur | A cultural and artistic space in Charleroi© Leslie ArtamonowCharleroi
Le Vecteur | A cultural and artistic space in CharleroiLe Vecteur is a cultural centre in Charleroi, located in the former settings of the Vaudeville Theatre.
- MBArts - Musée des Beaux-Arts de Charleroi© WBT - Arnaud SiquetCharleroi
MBArts - Musée des Beaux-Arts de CharleroiLocated in the centre of Charleroi, the Musée des Beaux-Arts offers works by Belgian artists from the 19th century to the present day.
- La Manufacture Urbaine à Charleroi© CAFEIN AgencyCharleroi
La Manufacture Urbaine à CharleroiYou are expected at the Manufacture Urbaine, a brand new place opened since spring 2017 in the heart of Charleroi, on the banks of the Sambre.
- Quai 10 (Charleroi)© Quai10Charleroi
Quai 10 (Charleroi)Quai 10, in Charleroi, is dedicated to interactive and animated pictures. The site brings together contemporary images, cinema and video games. The idea? Offer a space designed for a wide audience to exchange and reflect on visual effects.
- The UNESCO route by bike | Part 5: Charleroi - Dinant© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi63 km
The UNESCO route by bike | Part 5: Charleroi - Dinant
- 5 to 10 km hikes | Street Art blooms in the city© WBT Bruno D'AlimonteCharleroi5.4 km
5 to 10 km hikes | Street Art blooms in the city
- Hiking in Wallonia | The black loop© Christophe VandercamCharleroi23 km
Hiking in Wallonia | The black loop
- Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by text© GemotionsAround Wallonia
Gemotions, a thrilling scavenger hunt with challenges sent by textGemotions crates modern scavenger hunts. All you need is a mobile phone: riddles and challenges will be sent by text, a fun way to discover a city, a secret gem, a park, a museum... You can also create your own trail on their website.
- The ways of Saint James in Wallonia© Free PhotosAround Wallonia
The ways of Saint James in WalloniaListed by UNESCO, the ways of Saint James are world famous. The one rule? The adventure starts from your doorstep and finishes in Santiago (Spain). Pilgrims, of course have favourited specific routes through time, with no less than 7 going through Wallonia. Follow the blue and yellow signs featuring a scallop shells...
- The Charleroi Adventure City Safari, a new way to discover the city© Mister-CCharleroi
The Charleroi Adventure City Safari, a new way to discover the cityCharleroi was once named by a Dutch suvey "the ugliest city in the world"... To fight that reputation, a passionate citizen created an urban safari: a wonderful way to (re)discover the buildings and characters who made this post-industrial city famous.
- Charleroi comic book trail© WBT - Christophe VandercamCharleroi2 km
Charleroi comic book trail
- The Rockerill: an industrial site turned into an alternative cultural space© Charleroi communication - Luc DenruyterMarchienne-au-Pont
The Rockerill: an industrial site turned into an alternative cultural spaceCharleroi decided to turn its industrial sites dating from the 19th century into fascinating artistic stages: a wonderful way to show how dynamic the city is and give the visitors a unique experience.
- DD Spiritueux: an artisanal distillery in Jumet© WBT - Arnaud SiquetJumet
DD Spiritueux: an artisanal distillery in JumetPeket, ratafia, rum, liqueurs, apéritifs, digestif are very much loved for the touch of cheerfulness they bring to a meal. DD Spiritueux, an artisanal distillery in Jumet, invites you to learn how these spirits are made. The visit will of course conclude with a delicious tasting. A fantastic tasting rich in discoveries
- Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du Cazier© WBT - J.P. RemyCharleroi
Musée de l'Industrie, Bois du CazierThe Musée de l'Industrie, in the Bois du Cazier, South of Charleroi, takes you back to the industrial revolution era.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - JP RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- The Glass Museum at the Bois du Cazier© Ville de CharleroiMarcinelle
The Glass Museum at the Bois du CazierThe Glass Museum, at the Bois du Cazier in Marcinelle, retraces five thousand years of art, history and technology.
- Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in Parentville© Charleroi - NatureCouillet
Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in ParentvilleVisit the orchard named " verger de Parentville" as well as its didactic apiary with a beekeeper and a guide from the Charleroi Nature association.
- Centre de Culture Scientifique de l'ULB in Brussels© Centre de Culture Scientifique - ULBCharleroi
Centre de Culture Scientifique de l'ULB in BrusselsThe Centre or Scientific Culture of the ULB is located on the Parentville Campus in Charleroi. Its mission is to promote scientific culture ....
- Museum of Photography | Charleroi© WBT - Denis ErroyauxMont-sur-Marchienne
Museum of Photography | CharleroiThe Museum of Photography in Charleroi is the most important photography museum in Europe. It features permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- Marcinelle Leisure Centre© WBT - Arnaud SiquetMarcinelle
Marcinelle Leisure CentreSwimming pool and nautical centre
- Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-Sambre© Gina SantinMonceau-sur-Sambre
Nelson Mandela Park | Monceau-sur-SambreThis 67-hectare park, in Monceau-sur-Sambre (Hainaut), is well worth the detour. 28 didactic panels, along the path, give information about the various trees planted there.