Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Hikes, underground caves, wildlife parks, quarries, nature maze, miradors, cycling trails... The Ardenne offer many opportunities to reconnect with nature, solo, with friends or family. Let us inspire your new adventure:
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- Ecurie des Îles in Hatrival | A riding centre in Ardenne© WBT - Bhushavali NatarajanSaint-Hubert
Ecurie des Îles in Hatrival | A riding centre in ArdenneHatrival riding centre organises horse rides (solo or carriage led) along a wide range of activities in Ardenne: a fantastic way to enjoy the region's amazing landscapes Perfect on your own, with family or with a group (20 persons max)!
- La ferme du Long Pré in Saint-Hubert© Rudy LamborelleSaint-Hubert
La ferme du Long Pré in Saint-HubertStop by La ferme du Long Pré in Saint Hubert (Belgian Ardenne) to see a sheep and ewes farm.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- The Bertrix arboretum© Arboretum de BertrixBertrix
The Bertrix arboretumThis 4-hectare arboretum can be found on a plain in the woodlands between Bertrix and Herbeumont, at an altitude of 420 metres.
- The Centre Ardenne observatory in Grapfontaine© Observatoire Centre ArdenneGrapfontaine
The Centre Ardenne observatory in GrapfontaineThe Centre Ardenne observatory, in Neufchâteau, opens its doors to everyone: those discovering stars and the universe as well as professionals wishing to analyse space a little further.
- La Chevauchée forestière | A 200 km horse ride in la Forêt de St-Hubert© Les sentiers du PhoenixSaint-Hubert
La Chevauchée forestière | A 200 km horse ride in la Forêt de St-HubertLa Chevauchée forestière is a 168 km long (unmarked) horse ride in the Saint Hubert Forest (Begian Ardenne).
- Vaux-sur-Sûre arboretum© Syndicat d'initiative Vaux-sur-SûreVaux-sur-Sûre
Vaux-sur-Sûre arboretumLocated in the heart of the Ardenne, the peaceful region of Vaux-sur-Sûre offers the perfect background to relax. Don't miss its arboretum, guarded by the sculpture of a boar.
- Naturâne A donkey farm in Bastogne© P. DelperdangeVaux sur Sûre
Naturâne A donkey farm in BastogneDiscover Pascal's universe. Originally a computer scientist, he gave it all up to dedicate his life to agriculture.
- An initiation to gliding in Saint-Hubert© Provlux - P. WillemsSaint-Hubert
An initiation to gliding in Saint-HubertThe CNVV (National Gliding Centre) has the best equipment possible for gliding (initiations, learning, practise).
- Saint-Hubert's cross-country ski slopes© WBT - Candice LaurentSaint-Hubert
Saint-Hubert's cross-country ski slopesThe cross-country ski slopes of Hurtebise, a family managed ski station in the Saint-Hubert forest, are located near the local airfield.
- Hiking in Wallonia: a peaceful walk in the forest of Saint Hubert© Ingrid JusseretSaint-Hubert20 km
Hiking in Wallonia: a peaceful walk in the forest of Saint Hubert
- Excursions in Saint Hubert | Ardenne Plaisir© Richard MignoletSaint-Hubert
Excursions in Saint Hubert | Ardenne PlaisirArdenne Plaisir and its partners offer historical days out, nature strolls and a wide range of activities near Saint Hubert, Province of Luxembourg.
- La Ferme d'Antan© Ingrid JusseretSainte-Ode
La Ferme d'AntanLocated in Saint-Ode (Province of Luxembourg), La Ferme d'Antan cow and goat milk to make fantastic cheese. Many have won competitions - quite the treat!
- Ardenne Nordic Park: a park dedicated to Nordic Walking in Sainte-Ode© Ardenne Nordic ParkSainte-Ode
Ardenne Nordic Park: a park dedicated to Nordic Walking in Sainte-OdeThe Ardenne Nordic Park is the first site dedicated to Nordic Walkis in Belgian Luxembourg.
- Longs Prés stables in Libin© AdobeStockLibin
Longs Prés stables in LibinThe Long Prés stables offers activities for horse lovers in Libin (Belgian Ardenne).
- Le Haras du Sartay in Mirwart© Le Haras du SartayMirwart
Le Haras du Sartay in MirwartPhilippe, Katia and their children will welcome you warmly at their farm horse in Mirwart: a wonderful haven to enjoy nature and relax.
- Domaine de Mirwart© WBT - J.P. RemySaint-Hubert
Domaine de MirwartThis stunning estate near Saint-Hubert offers nature-lovers a wealth of green spaces, stretching over 1,350 hectares. The two streams, lined with willows and maple trees are perfect excuses for walks and picnics.
- La Maison de la Randonnée - GTA Belgique© I. JusseretSainte-Ode
La Maison de la Randonnée - GTA BelgiqueLa Maison de la Randonnée helps hikers plan their itineraries to makes the most of the stunning landscapes the country offers.
- Domaine provincial du Fourneau Saint-Michel à Saint-Hubert© WBT - J.P.RemySaint-Hubert
Domaine provincial du Fourneau Saint-Michel à Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel estate, nestled in the Saint Hubert forest, is home to 2 exceptional sites: the Museum of Country Life and the Iron Museum.
- Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-Hubert© WBT - Candice LaurentSaint-Hubert
Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum | Saint-HubertThe Fourneau Saint-Michel arboretum, situated at 320 metres in altitude in the Masblette Valley, is one of the richest in species in Belgium.
- Geocaching in Libin© Yellow Events - Maison du Tourisme Pays des LacsRedu
Geocaching in LibinReady to explore? Smartphone of GPS in hand, go hunting for the 4 caches hidden by the Tourist Office of Libin in partnership with Contrat Rivière Lesse: a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the stunning natural landscapes along the walk between Lesse and Lomme.
- The Bois Collignon arboretum | Redu© WBT - S. BurgeonRedu
The Bois Collignon arboretum | ReduNestled in the Bois Collignon ou Petit Bois, this arboretum gathers a range of tree species and enjoys a beautiful view of Redu.
- Herbeumont trail station | 10 trails to explore the Ardenne© WBT - Caroline RaseHerbeumont
Herbeumont trail station | 10 trails to explore the Ardennestart 6 hikes (for all sports level) and 4 fitness trails- in other words, 95 km of marked paths to explore...
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- Our, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia | Province of Luxembourg© Commune de PaliseulPaliseul
Our, one of the most beautiful villages in Wallonia | Province of LuxembourgThe picturesque village of Our, with its sandstone buildings, typical of the Ardenne, and the Saint-Laurent church, listed as a historical monument, is sure to steal your heart.
- Carriage rides in Suxy© AdobeStockChiny
Carriage rides in SuxyThe carriage, led by an Ardennes draught horse, will take you through a delightful 2 hours ride through the region. Your guide will tell you all about the forest, fauna, flora, horse breeding as you go along...
- The Epioux nature reserve© WBT - Caroline RaseFlorenville
The Epioux nature reserveThis nature reserve, composed of 5 lakes and charming forests, stretches over 10 hectares in Florenville.
- Mountain biking through the Herbeumont forest | near the castle ruins© Harry WedzingaHerbeumont21 km
Mountain biking through the Herbeumont forest | near the castle ruins
- Le Domaine d'Oisefagne: a nature site in Fauvillers© Sylvain CotmanFauvillers
Le Domaine d'Oisefagne: a nature site in FauvillersLe Domaine d'Oisefagne is a large nature and forest site, perfect for a family stroll in the Province of Luxembourg.
- Le Batifol | kayaks and canoes in Chiny-sur-Semois© Le BatifolChiny
Le Batifol | kayaks and canoes in Chiny-sur-SemoisExpect a warm welcome at Batifol: the perfect place to kayak down the Semois river and explore the region.
- Tellin wild arboretum© WBT - Candice LaurentTellin
Tellin wild arboretumLocated betweem the Basse Famenne and the Ardenne, by the villages of Resteigne and Tellin, two woods have been listed as a nature site thanks to their ecological value.
- The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois river© WBT - Caroline RaseChiny
The Hat rocks in Chiny | a fantastic viewpoint on the Semois riverThe Hat rocks offer a stunning panorama of the Semois river and its meanders. A clearly marked path starting in Chiny will get you to this viewpoint.
- Kayaking down the Semois from Chiny© Genin VincentChiny
Kayaking down the Semois from ChinyKayak or canoe down the Semois from Chiny, a sweet town in the province of Luxembourg.
- Champlon cross-country ski slopes© WBT - Candice LaurentTenneville
Champlon cross-country ski slopesThe Balier cross country ski slopes are in Champion, between Marche and Bastogne: the perfect place to spend a wonderful day with friends.
- Swim in the Semois and enjoy the Lacuisine beach (Florenville)© L. Lecuivre - M.T. GaumeFlorenville
Swim in the Semois and enjoy the Lacuisine beach (Florenville)Go wild swimming in the Semois! The beach of Lacuisine (near Florenville in the Gaume region) proves perfect for a fun day out.
- The Transfamenne: a long hike in Wallonia© Mark RossignolNassogne57 km
The Transfamenne: a long hike in Wallonia
- The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forest© MT Marche-NassogneNassogne
The Nassogne hides and miradors: fascinating view points on the forestHides and miradors, which architecture, always integrated in nature, can be fascinating, are best way to observe the nearby fauna and flora. They usually offer amazing panoramas, all in a serene, soothing setting: the perfect place to rest when hiking through a forest!
- The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geosite© WBT - Candice LaurentTellin
The Resteigne quarry: a remarkable geositeThis former quarry presents remarkable stratigraphic cross sections from the lowermost Givetian (rock formation from the Givetian period). It is frequently visited by geology students from universities all over Belgium and anyone wishing to get a better insight into the field of biostratigraphy.
- The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in Graide© Josine NguyênBièvre
The Jardin des Hiboux: a memorable encounter with birds of prey in GraideIn the Jardin des Hiboux, visitors can get closer to birds of prey, join demonstrations to see them unfold their wings and fly... There is much to discover about nature there, how honey is made for example. A perfect day out with the children.
- 1914-1918 historical trails in Rossignol© WBT - Candice LaurentRossignol
1914-1918 historical trails in RossignolA didactic trail in 20 steps will tel you more: battles, important characters, monuments, cemeterries (there are 2 to see), vault where lie those who were shot...
- Gaume Nature Park© PNDG - A. LegerRossignol
Gaume Nature ParkThe Parc Naturel de Gaume aims at protecting and valorising the region's natural gems and its villages' cultural heritage.
- Bellefontaine arboretum | Tintigny© Bernard CozierTintigny
Bellefontaine arboretum | TintignyThis 4-hectare arboretum, located near Tintigny (Gaume) is well worth a visit.
- Between Lesse and Lomme: a 78 km hike in the Ardenne© WBT - S. BurgeonSaint-Hubert78 km
Between Lesse and Lomme: a 78 km hike in the Ardenne
- Le Relais de la Lesse | Horse riding in Chanly© Le Relais de la LesseWellin
Le Relais de la Lesse | Horse riding in ChanlyValéro Laurent, equestrian tourist guide, will take you horse riding through the Haute Lesse region (forests, plains, along the river...)