- Folklore and Tradition
Come and celebrate the end of the cold season in Lobbe with a fantastic folkloric carnival.
There will be many traditional characters to meet, among which:
- The Nonancourts: musicians wearing extraordinary costumes and interpreting partitions in a very personal way
- The Hottes: this guild, created in 1910, led to the creation of another character, Lobbain (a grandmother carrying a man in her sack)
- Lobbain: a grandmother carrying a man in her sack
The costume are quite unique in Belgium. To learn more about their origin, make a detour via the Musée International du Carnaval et du Masque in Binche
Saturday - children's carnival
- 15:00 - start of the procession (from the Ecoles du centre)
- 16:00 - traditional dancing on the Place Communale
- 16:30 - rewards given to the best costumes
- 15:00: start of the procession
- 20:30: traditional dances on the Place Communale
- 14:00 - entertainement in the streets
- 21:00 - traditional dances followed by fireworks
- 21:30 - bonfire on which a Nonancourt and a Gille will be burnt
We do our best to keep you informed. It's best, however, to check the latest news with the attraction you are visiting, or operator you have booked an activity with. Read our travel advice.
This information is given for indication purposes only, best to check with the site you hope to visit before heading there - by phone, email, social media or simply by visiting their website.
Event planned for the month of March 2024 (1)
(1) Dates and programme may be subject to change.