Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Admiring castles surrounded by beautiful moats, explore hills and valleys to listen to the whisper of a stream... Discover amazing activities along Wallonia's waterways.
- Adventure park (3) Apply Adventure park filter
- Animal park/zoo/aquarium (3) Apply Animal park/zoo/aquarium filter
- Arboretum (1) Apply Arboretum filter
- Architectural heritage (7) Apply Architectural heritage filter
- Boat hire (1) Apply Boat hire filter
- Châteaux (6) Apply Châteaux filter
- Grottoes and caves (5) Apply Grottoes and caves filter
- Guided tour and discovery (3) Apply Guided tour and discovery filter
- Industrial heritage (6) Apply Industrial heritage filter
- Lake, water body or waterway (27) Apply Lake, water body or waterway filter
- Local producer (4) Apply Local producer filter
- Marina (5) Apply Marina filter
- Mill (3) Apply Mill filter
- Park (castles) (7) Apply Park (castles) filter
- Park/garden (9) Apply Park/garden filter
- Provincial estate - Domain (3) Apply Provincial estate - Domain filter
- Recreational park (4) Apply Recreational park filter
- River cruises (1) Apply River cruises filter
- The most beautiful villages of Wallonia (2) Apply The most beautiful villages of Wallonia filter
- Train/tram/tourist train (1) Apply Train/tram/tourist train filter
- Water attraction (9) Apply Water attraction filter
- Water park or centre (1) Apply Water park or centre filter
- Woodland, nature reserve or natural area (19) Apply Woodland, nature reserve or natural area filter
- Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)© A. B. de L.Hastière
Freÿr-sur-Meuse castle and its gardens (Hastière)Freÿr sur Meuse, a Renaissance castle with stunning gardens, is part of Wallonia's protected architectural heritage.
- Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Namur© Mark RossignolLaforêt
Laforêt, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of NamurNestled in a green setting along the Semois river, Laforêt kept its traditional atmosphere and rich cultural heritage. This charming village still had its drinking troughs, washhouses and even tobacco dryers.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)© B.LorquetSpa
The Domaine de Bérinzenne and the Maison de la Nature (Spa)Nestled at the heart of the forests near Spa, by the Fagne de Malchamps, this estate opens its spaces to the public: a panoramic tower, a tree planted park with a pond and picnic area. It is also home to the Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux and to the CRIE.
- The Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Domaine des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in Chaudfontaine© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
ArtHouse: masterpieces by 20th century artists in ChaudfontaineThis incredible museum features in its permanent collections work by the greatest artists of the last century: Magritte, Picasso, Matisse, Warhol, Folon are only a few of the master painters to admire there. This cultural space is family friendly and a wonderful place to introduce younger generations to modern art.
- Red Crocodile Sails: sand yachting at the Eau d'Heure lakes© Crocodile RougeFroidchapelle
Red Crocodile Sails: sand yachting at the Eau d'Heure lakesSand yachting in Wallonia? A dream come true thanks to Red Crocodile Sails at the Eau d'Heure lakes.
- The Bois des Rêves estate in Ottignies© Brabant wallonOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The Bois des Rêves estate in OttigniesThis leisure park set in a stunning natural area in the province of Walloon Brabant promises a wonderful day out. Just 30 minutes from Brussels, the Bois des Rêves, at the very heart of a forest, offers a wide range of activities for the whole family.
- A walk through the Furfooz Nature Reserve near Dinant© Parc de FurfoozFurfooz
A walk through the Furfooz Nature Reserve near DinantThe Furfooz Park, in the province of Namur, invites you to discover its archaeological, geological and natural heritage. This family-friendly stroll offers lovely views on the Lesse river.
- The Château de Beloeil estate© WBT - J.P. RemyBeloeil
The Château de Beloeil estateBuilt in the 14th century, this massive turreted chateau is surrounded by a wide moat connected to a series of lakes and channels which wind through one of the largest and most ornate French-style gardens in Belgium.
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the Ardennes© LabouStavelot
Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the ArdennesVisit Wild Park Coo, a stunning wildlife park in the heart of the Ardenne, to discover which animals live in the Belgian forests.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakes© WBT - David SamynFroidchapelle
Natura Parc, a tree top adventure by the Eau d'Heure lakesCome and have fun at Natura Park, a tree top adventure set in a forest near the Eau d'Heure lakes. Fully set in nature, it will delight the whole family with its many activities.
- Lompret, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of Hainaut© Mark RossignolLompret
Lompret, one of the prettiest villages in Wallonia | Province of HainautNestled in a valley bathed by the Eau Blanche, Lompret was built on a former feudal castle. It kept its elegant atmosphere and grey limestone houses, built in the 18th and 19th century. This peaceful, green setting is well worth a stop...
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du Centre© WBT - SPRL Cernix-Pierre PauquayHoudeng-Goegnies
The hydraulic boat lifts of the Canal du CentreSituated in the province of Hainaut, these 4 hydraulic lifts, built beginning of the XIXth century, are standing monuments to the Belgian Industrial revolution. These timeless masterpieces, listed by UNESCO, can be visited.
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in Rochefort© A. PetitLavaux-Sainte-Anne
The castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne, nature and cultural heritage in RochefortThe castle of Lavaux-Saint-Anne, its three museums, its park and gardens in the province of Namur are sure to enchant you. This magnificent castle on the plain of Wallonia is a mere 16 km from Rochefort, 23 from the French border.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT - Arnaud SiquetÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages© Snapwire SnapsLa Roche-en-Ardenne160 km
The Transardennaise: hiking from La Roche-en-Ardenne to Bouillon in 7 stages
- Château de Jehay | Amay© JP Rolin Province de LiegeAmay
Château de Jehay | AmayLocated in the province of Liège, the Château de Jehay offers a remarkable architecture, unique in Europe. This impressive historical building, surrounded by moats, seems to appear as if by magic as you walk past the forest.
- The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Spa)© Claire HalleuxSpa
The Musée de la Forêt et des Eaux (Spa)The Forest and Waters Museum, nestled in the Domaine de Bérinzenne in Spa, reveals the many secrets of the fauna and flora of the Fagnes.
- Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in Belgium© Les Lacs de l'Eau d'HeureBoussu-Lez-Walcourt
Eau d'Heure lakes | The biggest lake complex in BelgiumThe Eau d'Heure 5 artificial lakes, are a stunning preserved natural area and the largest nautical space in Belgium.
- The Solvay Estate | La Hulpe© WBT - Denis ErroyauxLa Hulpe
The Solvay Estate | La HulpeThe Solvay Estate in La Hulpe, listed as "Exceptional cultural site in Wallonia", features part of the Sonian Forest and the Château de La Hulpe.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium-Muséum de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor Centre© FT Province de NamurBoussu-lez-Walcourt
The Eau d'Heure lakes and the Plate Taille Visitor CentreEnjoy a guided tour of the biggest dam in Belgium and its skywalk, offering a unique 107 m high panorama.
- Annevoie water gardens | Meuse Valley© WBT - J.P. RemyAnnevoie-Rouillon
Annevoie water gardens | Meuse ValleyDiscover these amazing gardens, created 250 years ago and considered one of Wallonia's cultural treasures. How could anyone resist taking a stroll between the fountains, waterfalls, ponds and stunning combination of French, Italian and English style gardens?
- TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in Gouvy© wdagamerGouvy
TheDomaine du lac de Cherapont | Fishing and swimming in GouvyJust 5 minutes from the Duchy of Luxembourg and the Eastern Cantons, the Domaine du Lac de Cherapont (Gouvy, Hautes Ardennes) is ideally located for fantastic days out.
- Cycling in Wallonia | Following the Meuse river© WBT - Caroline RaseDinant157 km
Cycling in Wallonia | Following the Meuse river
- The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university town© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteOttignies-Louvain-la-Neuve
The lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, the green lung of the university townThe lake of Louvain-la-Neuve, 7 hectares wide, was created in 1984 as a storm basin and fishing pond. A path invites visitors to walk around it.
- Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in Momignies© AquaphotoForge-Philippe
Fish in the stunning setting of the Cendron ponds in MomigniesThe Cendron ponds in Forge-Philippe, near Momignies in the Botte du Hainaut region, offers a range of activities and fishing options in a stunning natural setting.
- The Lanaye locks on the Meuse near Visé© SOFICOVisé
The Lanaye locks on the Meuse near ViséThe Lanaye locks, located on the Meuse by the Dutch border (province of Liège), mark the junction of the Canal de Lanaye and the Canal Albert.
- Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart© WBT - J.P. RemyBouillon13 km
Hiking in Wallonia: along the river in Botassart
- Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule© WBT - Arnaud SiquetRaeren
Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule
- A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | Lomprez© WBT - S.BurgeonWellin
A delightful nature walk in a wetland area | LomprezNear the village of Welin, the Natagora nature space offers a short - but delightful - walk in a wetland area, where the Ave stream overflows.
- Cycling in Wallonia | Tournai and its river banks© wapinature.be - Coralie CardonTournai45 km
Cycling in Wallonia | Tournai and its river banks
- Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)© La Treignoise a.s.b.l.Viroinval
Fishing in the ponds of the vallée des Prés (Oignies-en-Thiérache)The ponds in the Vallée des Prés, in Oignies-en-Tiérache near Viroinval, are a Natura 2000 site dedicated to fishing (for a day, month or whole year).
- Walking near Namur: by Floreffe Abbey© WBT - Arnaud SiquetFloreffe7.9 km
Walking near Namur: by Floreffe Abbey
- Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo Ecomuseum© MT - Pays des LacsThuin
Discover Thuin and its boat making history at the Thudo EcomuseumThuin, once a boatmen's town, reveals part of its history to visitors. Step on board this narrowboat-museum, anchored by the Quai de Sambre and discover what the daily waterway life used to be like in the region.
- The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - Eupen© WBT - PériplétiesEupen
The visitor centre of the Vesdre Dam - EupenLocated at the confluence of the Vesdre and the Getzbach in Eupen, this dam is the third reservoir of potable water in Belgium. On its side, the visitor centre offers a stunning view of the construction and nearby woodlands.
- The Vencimont mill: bakery and countryside gîtes© Moulin de VencimontVencimont
The Vencimont mill: bakery and countryside gîtesThe Vencimont mill, beautifully renovated, is home to a bakery and 2 countryside gîtes. A lovely location near Gedinne (South of the province of Namur).
- Grand-Large: Mons leisure marina© Visitmons - Gregory MathelotMons
Grand-Large: Mons leisure marinaThe crossing point of a canal network as well as French and Dutch rivers, Grand-Large, Mons leisure marina, really gives a European vibe! It has 157 moorings and a modern harbourmaster's office.
- Cycling in Wallonia | The pilgrims bikeway between Herve and Thuin© Pro VeloHerve210 km
Cycling in Wallonia | The pilgrims bikeway between Herve and Thuin
- Cycling in Wallonia: exploring the Dendre Valley© OT Ath - J. FlamentAth36 km
Cycling in Wallonia: exploring the Dendre Valley
- Visé Leisure Marina© J.M.RaesVisé
Visé Leisure MarinaVisé, a sweet little Mosane town in the province of Liège, is half way between La Cité Ardente (The Fiery City, Liège's nickname) and Maastricht.