Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Looking to reconnect with nature? Come along… There is so much to learn and explore in Wallonia!
Our educational trails will guide you through wetlands, fagnes, woodlands. Look out for information panels to learn more about the local flora and fauna.
Don’t forget to check out our caves, always quite magical, as well as our remarkable wildlife parks, some being internationally known.
Rainy day? Just choose from our many interactive and/or family-friendly museums.
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Let nature wow you at the Virelles Aquascope© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteVirelles
Let nature wow you at the Virelles AquascopeThe Aquascope offers visitors quite fantastic adventures - from discovering the most beautiful pond in Wallonia to tree tops...
- The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritage© Grotte de LoretteRochefort
The cave of Lorette in Rochefort: a remarkable natural heritageThe Cave of Lorette, part of the Caves of Han domain, can be found in the province of Namur, only 300 m from the centre of Rochefort.
- Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the Ardennes© LabouStavelot
Wild Park Coo, a wildlife park in the ArdennesVisit Wild Park Coo, a stunning wildlife park in the heart of the Ardenne, to discover which animals live in the Belgian forests.
- The Grottes de Han estate© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Grottes de Han estateVenture into the domain of the caves of Han and have a closer look at the Ardenne's flora and fauna in the Wildlife Park
- SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes© Ville de Mons - Serge BrisonSpiennes
SILEX'S Mons: the Neolithic flint mines of SpiennesJust 6 km from Mons, the Neolithic flint mines of Spiennes or SILEX'S, listed by UNESCO, are well worth a visit...
- Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)© Bernard JacqminComblain-au-Pont
Step underground at the Cave of Comblain (near Liège)The Grotte de Comblain, listed as an underground cavity of scientific interest, can be found in the Liège province, on the hills of the Comblain-au-Pont vil
- The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museum© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Caves of Han estate and the PrehistoHan museumA fascinating exhibition presents 50 years of underwater excavations in the river Lesse
- The Domaine des Grottes de Han© Domaine des Grottes de HanHan-sur-Lesse
The Domaine des Grottes de HanCome and explore the world-famous underground caves of Han-sur-Lesse, near Rochefort. The Michelin guide has awarded the site 3 stars in its travel guide fo Wallonia.
- Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne Estate© WBT - Denis ErroyauxChevetogne
Reconnect with nature at the Chevetogne EstateThe Domaine Provincial de Chevetogne, which stretches over 550 hectares, is sure to delight you with its many surprises throughout its green spaces and its many creative activities.
- Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in Ardenne© S.I. La Roche-en-ArdenneLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Le Parc à gibier de La Roche: a wildlife park in ArdenneLe Parc à gibier de La Roche is a wonderful opportunity to discover the animals - cute or impressive - living in the Ardenne forest. The perfect family day out!
- Arboretum of the Citadel of Namur© WBT - JP RemyNamur
Arboretum of the Citadel of NamurTake a stroll in this lovely arboretum, near the Château de Namur and enjoy its rich variety of tree species.
- Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in Aywaille© Monde Sauvage Safari ParcAywaille
Monde Sauvage Safari Parc: a wildlife park in AywailleDiscover the fascinating thrill of going on a safari, just 25 km from Liège, at the Monde Sauvage Safari Parc d'Aywaille.
- The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège© Les Grottes de RemouchampsSougné-Remouchamps
The Caves of Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of LiègeThe Grottes de Remouchamps, a natural gem in the province of Liège, have been open to the public since 182 and offer a boat ride on the Rubicon.
- Liège Aquarium-Museum© Aquarium-Muséum de LiègeLiège
Liège Aquarium-MuseumThe Aquarium-Museum in Liège will take you on a wonderful journey through the animal and aquatic universes, featuring fish from around the world.
- Maison du Parc-Botrange© Parc naturel HF-E ASBLWaimes
Maison du Parc-BotrangeLocated on the highest site of the country, between the Fagnes plain and forest crossed by mountain streams, the Maison du Parc-Botrange welcome visitors in their quest to reconnect with outdoors activities and discover the largest Nature reserve in Belgium.
- RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in Hotton© WBTHotton
RIVEO: the River Interpretative Centre in HottonLocated in the province of Luxembourg, between Durbuy and La Roche, the RIVEO Interpretative Centre features unexpected finds, all themed around rivers and their biodiversity.
- CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in Erezée© WBT - Candice LaurentÉrezée
CoSMos | The salmon's odyssey in ErezéeOnce quite abundant in the Ourthe, salmon had in 1935 entirely disappeared from our waterways. A passionate team is now working at reintroducing the species back into our rivers. Discover this fascinating odyssey in Erezée, just 10 km from RIVEO (Hotton)
- Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La Reid© WBT - O. LegardienTheux
Forestia: a wildlife and adventure park in La ReidForestia, in La Reid (Haute Fagne), is fully dedicated to nature. Its green setting, wildlife park, adventure trails make it the perfect place for a day out with friends and family.
- Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in Bastogne© AnimalaineBastogne
Animalaine: a living museum dedicated to wool in BastogneLocated in Bastogne (Ardenne), this interactive museum offers a wealth of information on wool, and forgotten trades.
- The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in Couvin© Office du Tourisme de CouvinCouvin
The Neptune Caves, a natural gem in CouvinLet the skills of nature as an artist amaze you once more... Sculpted by the 'Eau Noire' river 300 million years ago, the Neptune Caves, in Petigny, are one of Belgium's oldest underground cavities.
- The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countryside© WBT - J.P. RemyErezée
The Aisne Tourist Tram | A fun ride through the Ardenne countrysideThe TTA - the Aisne Tourist Tram - runs along part of a former railway road in the Ardennes.
- Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big world© SourceOrama - Didier GémisChaudfontaine
Source O Rama: the journey a little drop of water in the big worldVisitors can discover the many secrets of fresh water at Source O Rama, in the heart of the Parc des Sources de Chaudfontaine. This fun, family-friendly visit can be combined with a stroll through the nearby Modern Art Museum, the ArtHouse.
- The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial site© WBT - JP RemyMarcinelle
The Bois du Cazier and its heaps: a remarkable memorial siteListed by UNESCO as one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, the Bois du Cazier is a particularly touching memorial. Located South of Charleroi, this preserved industrial heritage site stretches along 26 hectares. A remarkable orientation trail has been designed to present its 3 heaps and architectural features.
- Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in Manhay© WBT - Olivier LegardienDochamps
Parc Chlorophylle: a recreative forest park in ManhayParc Chlorophylle, a fun park nestled in the forest stretching from Manhay to Dochamps, invites visitors to enjoy a fun day outdoors, a little off the beaten path. A fantastic place to learn more about nature while having fun in Wallonia.
- Tournai Natural History Museum and Vivarium© Visitwapi.be - Jan D'HondtTournai
Tournai Natural History Museum and VivariumThe Natural History Museum in Tournai, Belgium, features rich collections and a vivarium. Its 19th century setting has been wonderfully preserved.
- Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in Brugelette© WBT - David SamynBrugelette
Pairi Daiza, a unique zoological park in BrugeletteTaking a stroll through Pairi Daiza feels like a journey around the world... The World Garden takes transports you to every continent in turn, with the opportunity to admire animals as you walk. No wonder Pairi Daiza was voted best zoo in Europe for the past few years.
- La Fagne de la Poleur didactic path | Saint-Vith© WBT - Candice LaurentSaint-Vith
La Fagne de la Poleur didactic path | Saint-VithLa Fagne de la Poleur is a high plateau composed of moors and bogs in the Ardenne. A didactic path will tell you more about this area, typical of East Belgium.
- CRIE | Saint-Michel© CRIE du Fourneau Saint-MichelSaint-Hubert
CRIE | Saint-MichelThe CRIE (Centre Régional d'Initiation à l'Environnement du fourneau Saint-Michel) invites to to learn more about this extraordinary site, located in a forest massif.
- Gileppe Lake AccroPark© Accropark de la GileppeJalhay
Gileppe Lake AccroParkHarmoniously integrated into nature, the Gileppe Accropark offers a range of 30 acrobatic activities to go from a tree to another and no lack of splendid views on the Ardenne.
- Cercles des Naturalistes de Belgique | Nature activities in Wallonia© D. Hubaut & S. ClaereboutVierves-sur-Viroin
Cercles des Naturalistes de Belgique | Nature activities in WalloniaThe Cercles des Naturalistes de Belgique (CNB Or Circles of Naturalists in Belgium) organise a wide range of (free) activities promoting nature, biodiversity, ecosystems in Wallonia: nature baths, workshops, trainings...
- Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre (Obourg)© Hervé StiévenartMons
Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre (Obourg)The Maison des Sciences de la Vie et de la Terre, in Obourg, aims at raising the public's awareness of natural and environmental science.
- Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plants© WBT - Candice LaurentNamur
Cuisine Sauvage | Learning about edible plantsA fantastic way to reconnect with nature! Cuisine Sauvage will show you - through walks and workshops - how to forage and cook with the edible plants found along the way.
- Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre© SI FlorenvilleFlorenville
Paysalia: the Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centreThe Paysage de la Lorraine gaumaise interpretative centre offers the chance to discover its fascinating region, rich in cultural heritage.
- Saint-Hubert wildlife park© WBT - Bruno D'AlimonteSaint-Hubert
Saint-Hubert wildlife parkSaint Hubert wildlife park, in the heart of the Ardenne, is a real gem where visitors can admire Wallonia's animals.
- Escapardenne | a cross-country long hike© Royal Syndicat d'Initiative de HouffalizeHouffalize
Escapardenne | a cross-country long hikeHike through the Ardenne with this cross-country trail going through Begium, the ducky and Luxembourg and inking the Meuse to the Rhine basin.
- The Little Train of Happiness© WBT-Antoine DavisterRebecq
The Little Train of HappinessAn enchanting experience! Every Sunday and public holiday between May and September, the Petit train du bonheur (or train of happiness) rides on the former n°115 SNCB line in Rebecq, passing the Senne and Bird Valley as it goes along...
- The Botte du Hainaut nature space© Julie NevenSivry
The Botte du Hainaut nature spaceLocated 45 km south of Charleroi, between Beaumont and Chimay, Espace Nature is home to a collection of stuffed animals from all round the world including a German Shepherd.
- NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-Trahegnies© Natecom asblBinche
NATECOM | A Nature and Environment Centre in Leval-TrahegniesNatecom is a pioneer in Belgium when it comes to promoting Binche's former mine heaps, and has been since 1970. Its Nature and Environment Interpretative Centre aims at helping the public to understand how important protecting the ecosystem is.
- Harchies marshes© WBT A RobertHarchies
Harchies marshesThe Harchies marchies, in the Hainaut, are wetlands of ornithological interest. This nature space offers one of the most diverse flora in Wallonia.
- The Signal de Botrange© WBT - Julie NevenRobertville
The Signal de BotrangeThe Signal de Botrange, located at 694 m in the Hautes Fagnes - Eifel nature reserve, is Belgium's culminating point. Picture perfect!
- Courrière forest | Namur© O.T. AssesseCourrière
Courrière forest | NamurEnjoy a lovely stroll in the Courrière forest, located between Namur and Ciney,
- La Maison Ternell | A nature centre in Eupen© Naturzentrum Haus TernellEupen
La Maison Ternell | A nature centre in EupenLocated in the Hautes Fagnes, this nature centre is the ideal start of walks in the region
- Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in Montleban© Ferme de la PlancheGouvy
Rediscover the pleasure of walking barefoot at the Sentier Pieds Nus in MontlebanThis 3 km long path, starting from the Ferme de la Planche is sure to surprise you: it is to be walked barefoot! A fantastic way to slow down, reconnect with simple sensation while touching the ground, water, stones or woo
- The Héribus mining heap near Mons: a superb viewpoint© Pierre PauquayMons
The Héribus mining heap near Mons: a superb viewpointWalk all the way up this mining heap, a memory of Le Borinage's former key industry, to enjoy a superb view over Mons...
- Mausheck educational trail© Peter FreisenBütgenbach
Mausheck educational trailThe Mausheck educational trail, in Bütgenbach, will take you through meadows and oak forests. Beautiful panoramas on the Warche valley guaranteed...
- The Lenoir arboretum near La Roche-en-Ardenne© MT Ourthe et Aisne - C. Mottet-RendeuxRendeux
The Lenoir arboretum near La Roche-en-ArdenneBy the Ourthe river, conifers and hardwoods grow peacefully. This is just a little part of the Robert Lenoir arboretum, which 22 hectares stretch over meadows, forests, wet lands...
- Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule© WBT - Candice LaurentRaeren
Hiking in the Cantons de l'Est: Via Gulia in the vallée de la Gueule