Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Foodies, rejoice: Wallonia is known for the exceptional quality of its terroir products. Make sure to start at one of our many farms!
There is much to choose from: sheepfolds, snail farms, apiculture, orchards, vineyards. Yes: Belgium makes amazing wines too, the sparkling ones being quite exceptional.
Here is our selection of Walloon producers, well worth a detour:
Type of visit
Label or affiliation
- Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at Lustin© Denis KarpenkovSorinnes
Château and Vineyard Bon Baron at LustinDiscover a vineyard which brings together a diversity of grape varieties offering a great range of wines. Enjoy local products from the region of Lustin
- The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in Belgium© WBT - Emmanuel MathezFexhe-le-Haut-Clocher
The Owl Distillery: a Scottish touch in BelgiumThe Owl Distillery makes the sole whisky 100% made in Belgium. Come and taste "The Belgian Owl", a Single Malt Whisky produced in Hesbaye.
- Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in Achêne© LDV ProductionAchêne
Moutarde Bister: a mustard factory in AchêneSituated in the province of Namur, this mustard factory & its museum reveal the secrets of the Imperial Mustard created in 1926 by François Bister.
- Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, Wallonia© Château de Bioul - Olivier PolletBioul
Château de Bioul | Vineyards near Namur, WalloniaThe Château de Bioul is proud of an 11 hectares vineyard, created by 2 passionate winemakers. Why not stop by to learn more about their skills and passion?
- The Dorlou farm© Ferme DorloûWodecq
The Dorlou farm19th-century square shaped farm. Farming, milk and cheese dairy, bakery (F. Backx), butcher's shop (meat and charcuterie). Sale from the farm and shop in Tournai (Rue de l'Epinette, 27, Tuesdays to Saturdays)
- The Kessler farm© Made_in_OstbelgienBüllingen
The Kessler farmLocated in the grazing lands of Büllingen, the Kessler farm breeds Haflinger mares and makes products from mare's milk.
- Ferme de Raz Buzée à Gerpinnes© Delphine VangeenderhuysenGerpinnes
Ferme de Raz Buzée à GerpinnesDairy family farm specializing in the homemade production of raw milk cheese from cows, in Gerpinnes.
- The Verger de la Chise© Ferme de la ChisePiétrebais
The Verger de la ChiseMartine, Pierre and their team are looking forward to welcoming you to the Verger de la Chise and its magnificent farm.
- The Fromagerie du Vieux Moulin© WBT – Olivier LegardienBattice
The Fromagerie du Vieux MoulinThis cheese dairy gives you the opportunity to visit the workshops producung the famous fromage de Herve which has a protected designation of origin.
- Munaut: a fascinating orchard and apple press in the Gaume region© MunautVirton
Munaut: a fascinating orchard and apple press in the Gaume regionMunaut, with its orchard and apple press, was created in Virton (Gaume) beginning of the 20th century and remains family-managed.
- Ferme de la Sauvenière (Hemptinne-lez-Florennes)© Valérie Van WynsbergheHemptinne
Ferme de la Sauvenière (Hemptinne-lez-Florennes)This family-run farm in the province of Namur prepares duck-based terroir specialities and has received quite a few awards for their foie gras.
- Escargotière de Warnant© SPRL Escargotière - Eric FrolliWarnant
Escargotière de WarnantInterested in a playful and informative activity, curious gastronome? Go through the valley of the Molignée and its incredible escargotière in Warnant
- The Domaine du Chenoy vineyard© Olivier Sanglier – EventphotoviewEmines
The Domaine du Chenoy vineyardLe Domaine du Chenoy is a 10 hectares vineyard near Namur, created in 2003. It aims at creating wines reflecting the Belgian terroir.
- The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in Habay© WBT - Candice LaurentHabay-la-Vieille
The Asinerie de l'O: a donkey farm in HabayL'asinerie de l'O offers a cheerful, countryside setting where everyone is welcome: children, teenagers, families, visitors with specific need, groups...
- The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchard© WBT-Bernard BoccaraWépion
The Strawberry Museum and the little fruit orchardOnce you have tried the delicious Wépion strawberries, make sure to visit this museum, an absolute must see to better understand the local terroir.
- Septem Triones: organic vineyards in Chaudfontaine© Yvette DillenChaudfontaine
Septem Triones: organic vineyards in ChaudfontaineYou may know Jean Galler already... as a chocolatier. Wine is its second passion and this organic vineyard in Chaudfontaine, his knew quest for excellence.
- La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | Cens© WBT - S.BurgeonCens
La Ferme des Frênes - Biofarm | CensIn Saint Hubert (Ardenne). Frênes-Biofarm has adopted an organic philosophy- as much for cereals and hay than for the animals grazing in its meadows. The meat, of course, proves amazingly flavoursome...
- Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyard© Le Clos des ZouavesThuin
Le Clos des Zouaves: Thuin vineyardThis vineyard, planted in 2001, streteches over Thuin's suspended gardens. The very first harvest, in 2003, proved a real success. So much that the wine produced has now its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée: Côtes de Sambre et Meuse.
- The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)© Marjorie HaurezHaulchin
The Agaises vineyard and its sparkling wines (Estinnes)Make sure to add the Agaises vineyard on your map when planning your road trip in Wallonia. This estate - the largest in Belgium - produces fantastic sparkling wines.
- Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in Anloy© SafranloyLibin
Safranloy | Saffron and aromatic herbs in AnloyLaure and Alain opened Belgium's very first organic saffron farm four years ago. Why not stop by and meet these two nature lovers?
- Safran de Cotchia© Ferme LéonardWasseiges
Safran de CotchiaCome and discover the largest safranière in Belgium. In the heart of the Hesbaye, plunge into the spices and lget carried away by its exotic flavours.
- The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in Nivelles© Bertrand HautierNivelles
The Domaine du Chapitre: a wine estate in NivellesThe Hautier family welcomes visitors in their vineyard, in Nivelles: a fantastic opportunity to taste the wines produced at the Domaine du Chapitre.
- Le vin de Liège wine cooperative© WBT - Olivier LegardienHeure-le-Romain
Le vin de Liège wine cooperativeCreated in December 2010, the Vin de Liège cooperative brings back vineyards to the Liège region: 12 hectares have been planted between 2012 and 2014.
- The Rocher des Diables aux Thyms: a delightful farm© Rocher des Diables aux ThymsGouvy
The Rocher des Diables aux Thyms: a delightful farmThis small breeding farm produces goat's cheese, yogurts, jams, jellies, vinegars infused from their own aromatic garden. Why not stop by, learn about the animals and enjoy a tasting of their specialities?
- Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez© Chevrerie du moulin du wezLa Roche-en-Ardenne
Chèvrerie du Moulin du WezIn this beautiful region of La Roche-en-Ardennes, Chèvrerie du Moulin du Wez offers various goat cheeses from organic farming.
- La chèvrerie de Borlon | A goats farm and cheese dairy in Durbuy© Chèvrerie de BorlonDurbuy
La chèvrerie de Borlon | A goats farm and cheese dairy in DurbuyGéraldine and her family will be delighted to welcome you in her farm in Borlon (near Durbuy). There, she makes the most delicious cheese from her goat's milk, animals she loves and cares for with great tenderness. Respecting the wellbeing of her animals - as well as nature - is at the very heart of her philosophy.
- The Bergerie d'Acremont, a sheephold with Belgian ewes and so much more© WBT - Caroline RaseBertrix
The Bergerie d'Acremont, a sheephold with Belgian ewes and so much moreThis sheepfold, in the province of Luxembourg, invites you to meet its Belgian ewes, its range of products made on site and, why not stay for the night?
- La ferme du Long Pré in Saint-Hubert© Rudy LamborelleSaint-Hubert
La ferme du Long Pré in Saint-HubertStop by La ferme du Long Pré in Saint Hubert (Belgian Ardenne) to see a sheep and ewes farm.
- The Schumer-Widart farm© J.WidartBastogne
The Schumer-Widart farmThe Schumer-Widart farm raise its cattle in Bastogne and invites you to share their passion.
- Visit'Entreprise | Cidrerie du Condroz (Havelange)© Adrien Pestiaux, Cidrerie du CondrozHavelange
Visit'Entreprise | Cidrerie du Condroz (Havelange)La Cidrerie du Condroz celebrates the partnership between two artisans from the Condroz region. Their philosophy, which reflects a passion for nature and sustainability, led to the production of traditional ciders, made by pressing the apples delicately and giving them time to ferment. This cidery also sells homemade C
- Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in Parentville© Charleroi - NatureCouillet
Couillet's orchard and didactic apiary in ParentvilleVisit the orchard named " verger de Parentville" as well as its didactic apiary with a beekeeper and a guide from the Charleroi Nature association.
- L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in Waimes© La truite d'OndevalWaimes
L'Atelier de la Truite d'Ondenva: a fishing farm in WaimesL’atelier de la Truite d’Ondeval (Waimes, Eastern Cantons) can be visited by appointment - a fantastic opportunity to discover its ponds and smoking rooms.
- The Orzo goat dairy farm© WBT-Isabelle HubertyIzier
The Orzo goat dairy farmLocated in the village of Izier in the Ardennes, the goat house of Ozo passionately raises chamois alpine goats for 25 years.
- La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-Hubert© FTLB P.WillemsFreux
La Truite de Freux: organic fish farming in Saint-HubertVisit a unique, organic fish farm in Belgium and discover how trouts and Atlantic salmons are grown. This impressive estate in Libramont-Chevigny has no less than 30 ponds.
- Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near Sprimont© WBT - Candice LaurentSprimont
Au Canard Gourmand, duck farm near SprimontIn Fraiture, a picturesque village located near Sprimont, Myriam and Marc Lamy offer you a guided tour of their duck farm.
- Valléro: bees and honey in Sombreffe© WBT - Candice LaurentSombreffe
Valléro: bees and honey in SombreffeValléro, a company based in Sombreffe, is known for its exquisite, high quality Perle du terroir® honey, harvested and conditioned in Belgium. Stop by to learn more about bees and their mysterious nectar.
- La Ferme de la Comogne: an organic farm and mare's milk in Beauraing© WBT - Candice LaurentRochefort
La Ferme de la Comogne: an organic farm and mare's milk in BeauraingLocated in Beauraing, (Province of Namur), this organic farm produces beauty products and soaps from mare's milk.
- Aubel artisanal syrup manufacture© WBT – Olivier LegardienAubel
Aubel artisanal syrup manufactureIt is in Aubel, that Claudy Nysse took over the helm of the family flagship: an artisanal syrup factory, which traditional recipes guarantee a fantastic texture and a festival of flavours. The 12th generation to do so! Stop by to learn more about this treat, known as the "black gold of the Herve region".
- Ferme de la Vallée – L'Escargot de l'Ourchet© Vincent VinckeBeuzet
Ferme de la Vallée – L'Escargot de l'OurchetIn an 18th century farm, awaits an unexpected far, l'Escargot de l'Ourchet. home to 600,000 snails of the Petit and Gros Gris. Visits can be organised via the Gembloux Tourist office, should you wish to know more.
- Visit'Entreprise | Comptoir forestier (Ave)© LDV ProductionAye (Marche-en-Famenne)
Visit'Entreprise | Comptoir forestier (Ave)Located near Marche-en-Famenne, the Comptoir Forestier is an exceptional site dedicated to preserving and regenerating woodlands, trees being the green gold of Wallonia.
- The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in Rochefort© Laurent BombardeNavaugle
The Autrucherie du Doneu: exceptional birds in RochefortJacques et Lydia Bruyaux opened their ostrich farm in 1997. The stunning site, by a castle in Rochefort, is now home to a hundred birds of all ages...
- Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-Château© WBT - Antoine DavisterBraine-le-Château
Saint-Véron: a snail farm in Braine-le-ChâteauThis snail farm, specialised in the Gros Gris variety, offers quite an instructive visit.
- Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyards© Christophe WaterkeynVillers-la-Ville
Villers-la-Ville Abbey vineyardsJoin the Confrérie du vignoble de l'Abbaye de Villers for a visit of the most famous abbey in Walloon Brabant's vineyards.
- La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul: a snail farm in Bierwart© Julien LaprailleBierwart
La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul: a snail farm in BierwartStop by La Ferme du Vieux Tilleul in the village of Bierwart (Hesbaye region in the province of Namur) to visit Corinne de Wulf's snail farm, specialised in the Petit Gris variety.
- Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyard© WBT - Candice LaurentAns
Les Coteaux de la Legia vineyardLes Coteaux de la Légia is a fascinating urban vineyard, counting 1,200 plants. Come and discover how rich the past of the estate is...
- La Ferme d'Antan© Ingrid JusseretSainte-Ode
La Ferme d'AntanLocated in Saint-Ode (Province of Luxembourg), La Ferme d'Antan cow and goat milk to make fantastic cheese. Many have won competitions - quite the treat!
- Les Vergers Ruchers Mosans: an apiary near Dinant© WBT - Candice LaurentDinant
Les Vergers Ruchers Mosans: an apiary near DinantLes Vergers Ruchers Mosans invite you to discover the fascinating world of bees, just a few kilometres from Dinant.