- Museum or Interpretation Centre
The Musée de la vie wallonne, in the heart of Liège, presents the history and life in Wallonia from the 19th century to the present days.
The Musée de la Vie wallonne (Liège)
The museum welcomes you into the 13th-century convent of the Friars Minors, which has been beautifully renovated. The collections, arranged by theme, offer a fantastic insight into life in the South of Belgium through time.
The permanent exhibition focuses on the technical (r)evolution, living together, day after day and spiritual life. A state-of-the-art scenography brings objects and archive documents to life, weaving old and contemporary artefacts in the presentations.
The Museum of Walloon Life also offers:
- A fantastic documentation centre situated in the Chamart house next to the museum,
- A genuine puppet theatre (which Liege is famous for),
- Exhibitions and numerous events throughout the year, such as summer concerts,
- A shop and a terroir products tasting area, where visitors can try delicious local specialities
- Visits and activities for all ages and audiences.
VISITWallonia.be Advantage Pass
Your Advantage Pass
-50% off the individual entrance fee
Wallonia has developped Access-i, a network gathering sites offering facilitie and/or services dedicted to Travellers with special needs. Click here to see the details for the Musée de la Vie wallonne,
Guide available/groups - EN - FR - NL - Audioguide/mobile app/tablet