Choose your country/language to continue your visit
Belgium: a name almost synonymous with exquisite chocolate. The best way to share their passion is to let a square of Belgian chocolate melt in your mouth. Come and indulge!
For Wallonia’s best artisans, selecting the best cacao beans, protecting the craftsmanship and expertise of the master chocolatiers, refining recipes and creating new associations of flavours… is not a job but an art.
Belgian chocolate owes its fame to Wallonia’s chocolatiers and their exceptional skills. Their pralines, chocolate tabs and sweet creations often win awards at international competitions and are exported all around the world.
Visit chocolate factories in Wallonia
Does chocolate make you melt? Would you like to know more about our region’s best artisans? You will be spoilt for choice… Start with Darcis, one of the most successful chocolate brands in Wallonia.
The very first Belgian chocolate slab was made in 1840. Since then, our master chocolatiers have experimented with the most fascinating ingredients, from botanicals to spices. Stop by one of the many Walloon chocolate factories to learn how cacao beans are turned into delicious truffles and see the artisans at work in their kitchens. Below is a selection of delicious addresses sure to delight your taste buds.
After all, you cannot be in Belgium and not try one of the world’s best chocolate…
- La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in Verviers© DarcisVerviers
La Maison Darcis a chocolate shop and museum in VerviersJean-Philippe Darcis, Belgian chocolate ambassador and pioneer of the macaron in Belgium, welcomes you in his chocolate museum in Verviers. There you will retrace the origins and history of this fantastic treat through a chocolate trail.
- Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in Samrée© Cyril ChocolatSamrée
Cyril chocolat artisan chocolatier in SamréeIt's in the sweet little village of Samrée, in the heights of the La-Roche-en-Ardenne region, that Cyril, a fascinating artisan chocolatier, opened his chocolate shop. Why not stop by for a tour, learn how his creations are made and even decorate your own chocolate slab?
- Chocolatier Defroidmont and its chocolate museum in Erezée© WBT - Caroline RaseErezée
Chocolatier Defroidmont and its chocolate museum in ErezéeArtisan Chocolatier Philippe Defroidmont reveals his secrets in its Durbuy and Erezée boutiques. The museum, visit and tasting promise a full chocolate experience.
- Pierre Plas Chocolatier | Bastogne© Pierre Plas ChocolatierBastogne
Pierre Plas Chocolatier | BastognePierre Plas Chocolatier: where excellence rhymes with passion and quality.
- Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in Limal© WBT - Arnaud SiquetLimal
Lio: an artisanal chocolate and pastry shop in LimalIf you are looking for exceptional chocolate, with full cacao taste, stop by Chez Leo in Limal: this artisanal chocolate and pastry shop is all about flavours.
- Chocolat Arnaud Champagne in Ittre© Chocolatier Arnaud ChampagneIttre
Chocolat Arnaud Champagne in IttreArnaud Champagne, artisan chocolatier, received several awards for the quality of his work.
- Sigoji Chocolaterie: sweet indulgence in Hamois© Chocolaterie SigojiCiney
Sigoji Chocolaterie: sweet indulgence in HamoisStop by Chocolaterie Sigoji to meet artisanal producers and taste exquisite creations.
- Jean le Chocolatier (Habay-La-Neuve)© p.willemsHabay-la-Neuve
Jean le Chocolatier (Habay-La-Neuve)Jean le Chocolatier invites you to stop by his shop in Habay-La-Neuve (province of Luxembourg) to taste his many creations: chocolate, ice-cream, beer with a twist and other gourmet treats.
- Millésime Chocolat chocolate shop in Liège© Millésime Chocolat SA – Photographe Christian DelvauxLiège
Millésime Chocolat chocolate shop in LiègeMillésime Chocolat invites you to discover the full aromas and flavours of cacao.
- Chocolaterie Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in Chastrès© WBT - Christophe VandercamWalcourt
Chocolaterie Vanlieff: an:artisanal chocolate shop in ChastrèsChocolaterie Vanlieff has been delighting chocolate lovers since 1988. Its chocolatiers are always busy developing or refining recipes for exquisite pralines, slabs, chocolate figurines... No industrial machine here: it's all about craftsmanship and edible art of an exquisite quality.
- Charlemagne Chocolatiers, an artisanal chocolate factory in Herstal© Li Botike di LidjeLiège
Charlemagne Chocolatiers, an artisanal chocolate factory in HerstalThe link between the famous emperor and chocolate? Stop by the Charlemagne chocolate shop in Herstal: the answer may very well lay in a box of pralines.
- Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in Houffalize© WBT - Arnaud SiquetHouffalize
Chocolaterie Fontaine: artisanal chocolate in HouffalizeThe Fontaine chocolate factory, named after Vincent Fontaine, is a small family business in Houffalize, in the Ardenne.
- Chocolat Druart: a sweet shop in Angreau© Pierre PauquayAngreau
Chocolat Druart: a sweet shop in AngreauMaster chocolatier Druart Camille has magic in his hands. He makes the most delicious traditional pralines but will also come up with fascinating combinations of ingredients. Be warned: a visit to his boutique is sure to put you under a (chocolate) spell.
- Chocolatier Benoît Nihant n Awans© Benoît NihantAwans
Chocolatier Benoît Nihant n AwansBenoît Nihant opened his chocolate shop in 2005. His secret? A rigorous precision in his recipes and the highest quality of products, which he chooses from all places in the world. The chef invites you to share his passion, get a glimpse of the kitchens and of course, tastes exquisite treats.
- Chocolaterie Au Manon d'Hor | Horrues© WBT - Arnaud SiquetHorrues
Chocolaterie Au Manon d'Hor | HorruesManon d'Hor, a chocolate hop in the village of Horrues (near Soignies), will delight your taste buds with its pralines, ice-creams, seasonal creations and cakes.
- Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in Florenville© WBT - David SamynFlorenville
Les chocolats d'Edouard: an artisanal chocolate factory in FlorenvilleStep into Edouard Bechoux's artisanal chocolate shop to discover a fascinating selection of flavours and a welcoming tasting room. Foodies will delight in making their own chocolate treats or simply by visiting the kitchens. In Florenville, in the province of the Belgian Luxembourg.
- Didier Smeets Chocolatier | Dalhem© Didier SmeetsDalhem
Didier Smeets Chocolatier | DalhemDidier Smith discovered his passion for chocolate thanks to his grandfather and has since travelled the world to find exquisite cacao beans. Now settled in the Pays de Herve, he creates exquisite bean to bar chocolates and continues his quest for innovation and off the beaten path concepts.
- Ariqua Denis | Chocolatier in Andenne© Ariqua DenisAndenne
Ariqua Denis | Chocolatier in AndenneAriqua Denis is a young, passionate chocolatier. Why not stop by his workshop in Andenne, between Namur and Liège?
- Ô Chocolat: a chocolate shop in Dinant© Atelier O ChocolatDinant
Ô Chocolat: a chocolate shop in DinantDiscover surprising alliances of flavours, sure to wow your tastebuds, along with classic but exquisite chocolate origins at Ô Chocolat: 100% artisanal masterpieces.
- Legast Artisan Chocolatier in Braine-le-Comte© Legast ChocolaterieBraine-le-Comte
Legast Artisan Chocolatier in Braine-le-ComteThe Legast chocolate shop is a favourite in Braine-le-Comte and has been for 2 generations already. It's all about tradition and the promise of mouth-watering treats...
- Chocolaterie Bressant: artisanal chocolate in Beaumont© Chocolaterie BressantBeaumont
Chocolaterie Bressant: artisanal chocolate in BeaumontThe artisanal chocolate shop Bressant, in Beaumont, offers a delicious range of chocolate creations and sweet treats, all presented in original boxes.